A clown entertains children attending last year’s Tomball Night. The 42nd Annual Tomball Night will be held on Aug. 1 beginning at 5 p.m.
By Karina Brisack
The 42st Annual Tomball Night celebration is set to draw crowds into local businesses all around the city on Aug. 1 starting at 5 p.m.. The event has been organized by the Greater Tomball Area Chamber of Com-merce in conjunction with the City of Tomball.
Tomball Night essentially consists of a large number of local businesses providing enticing one-night promotions to potential customers all at the same time. The event intends to promote these businesses on a large scale and draw customers in from all over the local area.
Promotions being put on by participating businesses include offers such as discounts, face painting, free samples and several giveaways. A full list of the businesses participating in Tomball Night as well as the special offers that are being made available can be found at the bottom of this article.
The event will also feature non-commercial aspects such as those provided by Salem Lutheran Church, which will include a free live music show, water and popcorn, all of which will be made available at the Tomball Depot throughout the event (201 S. Elm St.). The church will also have a prayer wall available for those who would like to receive the prayers of Salem Lutheran members.
The Tomball Police Department and the Tomball Fire Department will both be providing inflatable play areas (moonwalks) for children to enjoy.
The “Mystery Shoppers” will be returning for Tomball Night’s 42nd anniversary. 10 of these shoppers will be milling around the event all night and anyone who correctly identifies one of them as a mystery shopper will be given $100 in cash.
A poem by Dawn Stone further explaining the process is published on page five of this issue.
The ever-popular Parade of Lights will also return this year beginning at 9:15 p.m. It will run east on Main Street from Buvinghausen Rd. all the way to the railroad tracks, then turn left on Peach Street to complete the procession.
The parade will be immediately followed by a fireworks show. Those who wish to observe the display will gather on Main St. around the railroad tracks.
For further information about the Tomball Night festivities please contact the Chamber office at 281-351-7222 or visit www.tomballchamber.org.
Where It’s Happening
Business SH 249
• Wal-Mart- Sales
• The Patch – 10% off Seafood Buffet
• Luby’s – Daily Manager Specials Starting at $5.99
Four Corners Shopping Center SH 249 @ FM 2920
• Red Wing Shoes – $20 off purchase of Red Wing boots or shoes
• Sears Home Appliance Showroom – Use your Sears card to receive 50% off Kenmore wall ovens, up to 40% off Kenmore Laundry, up to 35% off all other appliances
Sonic / Chick- fil-A – 14018 FM 2920
• Sonic – specials
• Chick-fil-A Family Night – hop in for dinner and they will entertain the children with activities from 6-8pm
FM 2920 @ Tomball Market Place
• Academy parking lot – Niftee 50ees Car Show
• KSTAR FM 99.7 – Live Remote
• Mann’s Tire & Wheel Connection – free bottled water, koozies and drawings for coolers
• Ron’s Hamburgers & Chili – Free Root Beer Float when you wear your poodle skirt or 50′s attire!
• Tomball Bowl – Martial arts demo, bounce house, prizes, games, and $3 off Rock N Bowl
1111 W. Main (South Side)
• BBVA Compass Bank – prizes and give-aways
722 W. Main (North Side)
• Servpro of Spring/Tomball give-aways, antique cars
• TWFG Insurance Services - Bouncy house, petting zoo
105 N. Pine
• Grayce Egami, Inc. - 15% off coupons and free samples
400 W. Main (South Side)
• Joe’s Barber Shop
• Patsy’s – Open late with a full menu
• Pretzels Pleaze – Soft drink and two pretzels for $5
400 West Main (North Side)
• Just Passin’ Thru – sales
• Otto’s Emporium – 20th anniversary sale thru Aug. 4; 10% off single item from $20-$249; 20% off single item $250 or more 300 W. Main @ Cherry (South Side)
• Big Texas Inflatables
• Bubble Runners
• EJC Farms
• Icon Martial Arts
200 W. Main Street (South Side) – City Parking Lot
• Greater Tomball Area Chamber of Commerce
• Fred Haas Toyota Country
• Lone Star College – Tomball
• Tomball Fire Department- Bouncing Castle
• Tomball Police Department- Bounce House
200 W. Main Street (North Side)
• The Turquoise Door, 212 W. Main open late with refreshments
• First Presbyterian Church – free water
• Metropolitan Publishing
• Tomball AARP
100 W. Main Street (South Side)
• Main Street Crossing – Open with beer and music
• Vintage Station – sales, free bottled water, and drawings for prizes
100 W. Main Street (North Side)
• Frou Frou Galore- open late with refreshments, music and sales
100 Commerce Street – Vendors
• Various craft vendors
Commerce St. Businesses
• Absolute Physique – 100 Commerce – games and a drawing for a week of free personal training
• The Bath Hut, 115 Commerce – open late with discounted salt scrub
• Cisco’s Salsa Company, 209 Commerce – Live entertainment, Tiki Bar drink specials and food
• GiGi’s, 106 Commerce -Open late with sales and drawing for $150 gift certificate at 6pm for customer purchases between 7/29-8/1
• Naturally Nancy’s, 121 Commerce – samples, store specials, and free balloon animals
• Sallie Fisher’s Custom Frame & Art Gallery, 104 Commerce – open late with sales, a drawing, vendors, face painting and give aways throughout the evening
• The Whistle Stop Tea Room, 107 Commerce – Grand Opening of the Whistle Stop
Express, join us for a tasty treat 5pm-8pm
100 S. Walnut
• CC Travel Deals
• Honor Flight Houston
• Knights of Columbus
• Lone Star College-Tomball
• Mary Kay Cosmetics – Kimberly Lambright
• Tomball Retirement Center
• Walt’s Shoe Shop Two
100 North Walnut
• Joy-Ice SnoCones
102 Market Street
• The Empty Glass – Half price pizza with purchase of a bottle of wine
• Nonnie’s Soda Fountain – scream for ice cream specials
100 Market Street
• Arctic Flurries
• Colby Kendrick
• Connect 2 Health Wellness
• Crafts for College
• Fancy Pants Boutique
• G&N Concessions
• Inca Wasi Arts & Crafts
• Jackie & Sarah
• Northtown Group
• Not Your Average Baby
• Oregon Trail Jerky
• Plate Junkie
• Snow Slingers
• The Pink Company
• Tutor Doctor
• Urgent Care for Kids
• Wild West Chuckwagon
At the Depot
• Salem Lutheran Church- live music, free cold water, cooled tent, free popcorn, a prayer wall for those that would like Salem to pray for them and free face painting and a balloon artists for the kids
• Tomball Lions Club
The Depot Grassy Area for Kids
• Chuga-Chuga Party Time
• Just Chill Out Shaved Ice
• Kuk Sool Won
• Texas Star Gymnastics
200 Market Street
• Allstate Insurance
• Beck & Masten Kia
• Boys & Girls Country
• CertaPro Painters
• CKB Designs
• Cowhides by Hayball
• Cross Culture Solutions and Arts
• Frozen Bliss Shaved Ice
• Grace Church Tomball
• Legend Homes/Princeton Classic Homes
• Ma & Pa Kettle Korn
• Red Wing Shoes
• RPI Marketing
• Temporary Body Art by DLC
• Texas Funnel Cakes & More
• Texas Home Group
• Texas Twister
• Today’s Vision
201 Market St.
• Granny’s Korner – Sales throughout the store.
300 Market Street
• A&P Feed
• A2Z Printing Services
• Alzheimer’s Association
• Confimex Services
• It Works! Global
• JD’s Products Ultimate Crafts
• Just Cool Things
• Pampered Chef – Kaitlyn Sims
• Pierced Faith
• Power Fitness Tomball
• Rhinestone Ranch Boutique
• Scentsy – Rebeca Fortes
• Simply Charming
• Texas Funnel Cakes & More
• TOMAGWA HealthCare Ministries
• Tomball Gideons Camp
• Tupperware – Rebeca Fortes
Roaming Street Vendors
• Unlimited Enterprise
• Woodforest National Bank
Mystery Shopper Poem
By: Dawn Stone
The 42nd Tomball Night will soon be here…
Our biggest event of the year!
Come enjoy food, crafts, games,
music & shopping galore.
This night will not be a bore;
you’ll be shouting for more!
The lighted parade & fireworks display
will dazzle & delight you.
But don’t forget there’s one more thing to do.
Ten Mystery Shoppers will be around
just waiting to be found,
So if you want $100 more
ask everyone if they’re the one,
and increase your chance to score.
I’ll give you a clue – seek out those
wearing black and blue.
Don’t be shy, you can’t win if you don’t try.
This method is tried and true,
so now you know exactly what to do.
I hope the winner is You!